Valsts izglītības satura centrs
Contact person: Inta Baranovska
Function: Project Manager
Telephone: +371 67350961
Fax: +371 6721228
National centre for education (VISC) is a public administration institution directly subordinated to the Ministry of Education and Science. VISC activities are addressed towards and VISC cooperates with 830 general education institutions, 83 vocational education institutions and 19 state-founded higher education institutions.
The primary functions of National centre for eduation are:
• to develop curriculum for pre-school, basic and general secondary education and vocational education; (VISC develops subject standards and sample teaching- learning programs);
• to provide unite development of national examinations in basic education, general secondary education and vocational education;
• to coordinate development of textbooks in accordance with national standards for general and vocational education;
• to coordinate support system for learners with special needs;
• to coordinate hobby education system and implement support activities for development of learners’ personalities and talents;
• to organize Latvian School Youth Song and Dance Celebration;
• to coordinate teacher continuing professional development activities;
• to organize state language proficiency testing.